Detail BUTYL CARBITOL
Butyl Carbitol ( Diethylene glycol monobutyl ether) . Acts as a slow-evaporating, hydrophilic glycol based solvent. Used as latex coalescent in water-based architectural and industrial coatings, primary solvent in solvent-based silk screen printing inks, coupling...
Diethylene glycol butyl ether ( DGBE) is a type of glycol ether. It is primarily used as a solvent in coatings, inks, cleaners and specialty fluids, or to produce diethylene glycol butyl acetate.1 It evaporates slowly and is completely water soluble.2 Dow sells DGBE under the trade name Butyl CARBITOL™ solvent.
Butyl CARBITOL™ solvent is a clear, liquid with a mild ether odor. It evaporates slowly and is completely water soluble.
DGBE is used as a solvent in coatings and cleaner applications for industrial and consumer markets. It is also used as a chemical intermediate to produce diethylene glycol monobutyl ether acetate ( DBA) and some herbicides, insecticides and plasticizers. DGBE is also used in hydraulic brake fluid applications.
Specifically, Butyl CARBITOL solvent is used as:
* Latex coalescent in water-based architectural and industrial coatings
* Coupling agent and solvent in household and industrial cleaners, rust removers, hard surface cleaners and disinfectants
* Primary solvent in solvent-based silk screen printing inks
* Coupling solvent for resins and dyes in water-based printing inks
* Solvent for ball point and felt tip pen inks, and textile dyeing and printing
* Coalescent for latex adhesives
* Deactivator and stabilizer for agricultural pesticides
* Diluent in hydraulic brake fluid applications
Tampilkan Lebih Banyak